American Beauty: Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipstick

 ,



I had a real moral dilemma in Sephora, between spending too much money or buying everything because I might regret it later. I went for the former. Good, Jess. But I wish I'd have gone for the latter! Point of the story is, I wish I'd have bought more shades of the Too Faced Melted Lipstick. 

They claim that you 'get the staying power of a stain, the intense color of a liquid lipstick and the high shine of a gloss in one long-wear formula.' It is long lasting, the colour is intense but I'm not sold on the high shine front. I don't know if it's because I have naturally quite dry lips but the finish seemed quite velevety to me. I don't mind that though and I love that it will see me through a shift at work, even in the extreme heat or under cold, drying air conditioning.

I love the colour of this, the pink is a lovely shade and I'm a fan of the sponge applicator too. It just makes the lipstick glide on perfectly. Sometimes I dab a bit on my lips and blend in with my finger and put a bit of the coco Vaseline on top for a more sheer look. Otherwise I apply straight from the applicator, you control how much product comes out by gently sqeezing, so you can use the sponge to blend as little or as much lipstick as you like.

Debenhams stock Too Faced and you can find this shade, as well as others, on the website here. It's £15.83 at the moment, down from £19.00 and I'd definitely recommend giving these a try if you're looking to treat yourself to something a bit higher end. 

Have you tried these before? Would you like to? 

No comments