Review: B. Sweet Popping Candy Illuminating Serum


A couple of months ago I was chosen to be a Superdrug Insider. This means each month I get sent a hamper of Superdrug products to test run and then I get to share my thoughts with you all! So in case you were in two minds about buying the B. Sweet Popping Candy Highlighting Serum (oh what a mouthful!), here's what I thought!

As the sun starts to show its face a bit more, having a glowing complexion compliments the weather perfectly. But I'll be honest and say that I was slightly underwhelmed by this product. I was expecting great things considering the price point and what I really got was a just okay product, good at best. In case you can't see from the picture, the ball formula is sat in a clear serum and once it's pumped out, the balls are transformed into a liquid which mixes with the serum. 

Let me start with the things I liked about it. Firstly, there are so many ways you can use it; under your foundation, on the top of your foundation or mixed in with your foundation. So you can find a way which works for you best. Secondly, the packaging of the whole B. Sweet range is on point. It's so cute and girly, I love it!

I've tried using it each way and I just can't get on with it when I put it over my foundation, whether it's just on my cheek bones or over my whole face. It just seems to rub off my foundation and leave a gaping hole of my uneven skin tone. But I like it when it's mixed with my foundation because it gives a little bit of brightness to my whole face. But the best way to use it, I've found, is to put it on underneath your foundation. Or, if you're having a good skin day, use it on its own. It gives a lovely, subtle glow - perfect for those days where your skin is threatening to give away just how tired you are.

I do like this product but the price point puts me off. You get 30ml of product for £14.99 which is a bit steep for a high street highlighter in my opinion. But if it was on offer I'd definitely consider repurchasing!

Have you seen the new B. Sweet range? What do you think of it?