American Beauty: Inglot Freedom System Palette


I'm not the biggest eyeshadow fiend. Usually I stick to wearing a nude colour to brighten my eyes  so they don't look too overdone. And on a night out I always opt for black eyeliner and a bold lip. So I always think twice before I buy an eyeshadow palette. Especially because I know it's more than likely that there will be a few shades that I just won't wear and it makes it seem like a waste of money. 

Enter Inglot.

Inglot is an American brand that allow you to create your own eyeshadow palettes. I went for just two shades, mainly because when I was in NY it was only half way through the week and I was still watching my money. Also because I felt bad for holding my boyfriend hostage in a makeup shop for too long whilst I chose which shades I wanted. But you can chose from bigger 5 or 10 piece palettes and also palettes that have a mix of eyeshadow and blushers.

The way it works: you chose the palette size you'd like and purchase those alongside the palette. The eyeshadows fix in the palette magnetically and also have a magnetic lid (swivelling it to open the palette is weirdly satisfying). So when you run out you can just purchase the single shades without having to repurchase the packaging.

I bought shades 12 (sparkly brown) and 312 (pinky/peach). 312 is slightly less vibrant than it looks in the pictures and paired with 12, they make a perfect daytime subtle smokey eye. They are super pigmented and are really easy to blend out. And even without a primer they last all too so they get a big thumbs up from me.

You can visit their website here and see what they've got to offer.

Have you put together your own Freedom System Palette? I'd love to see if you have!

No comments