Five Minute Makeup: Basic Everyday


Good morning! I hope you're all having a good week. It's been a week of good news in my world. I found out I'll be graduating in July with First Class Honours (phew!) and my boyfriend has managed to bag an incredible job so we're all smiles over here. For today's post I wanted to share with you my most basic makeup look for those days when you're just meeting a friend for coffee or running some errands and you just want something quick, simple and barely there.

Base: I don't often use a primer but I think that's because I haven't found one that really works for me yet. And using it everyday when it's not doing anything seemed like a wasted step in my routine. So after moisturising, I go straight in with my Avon Ideal Flawless Foundation, using my Real Techniques Expert Face brush to blend it out. Next I use my Rimmel Match Perfection concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes. I use powder most days but not always and if I know I won't be out long I don't tend to bother.

Eyes: For my eyes I use a neutral Maxfactor Wild Shadow eyeshadow in Definite White, which is a little bit shimmery but it's not overly noticeable. After that, I put on a couple of coats of my Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes mascara. I've found I can get away with not using an eyelash curler quite so regularly if I'm generous with my mascara.

Cheeks & Lips: Next I'll just dab a little bit of blusher from my Ambient Lighting Blush Palette on the apples of my cheeks. And as much as I love a bit of lip colour, on a day-to-day basis I just use a bit of the Cocoa Vaseline.

There you have it. Good to go in five minutes. No fuss. What does your day-to-day makeup include?

No comments