Nivea Daily Essentials Day Cream


If you're looking for a new summer skin cream, let me be the one to tell you that this cream from Nivea is probably one to be avoided. Nivea is not a brand that I normally opt for. My few skincare items are higher end (the price you have to pay for better looking skin!) so I don't often dabble in high street skin care. That being said I have tried one of the Nivea primers before and the heavily perfumed scent of it put me off straight away. So already I don't have a good track record with Nivea products. 

While I was browsing the shop shelves, I thought this product was just what I wanted. It claims to be light, perfect for the day, and contains SPF, which was the main thing I was concerned about. It also claims to be for normal and combination skin (another check!) So why didn't I like it?

I don't often do negative reviews but I didn't feel there was anything good to say about this product. To say it's a day cream, it's incredibly thick and quite dry. I didn't feel like the formula soaked into my skin very well and it didn't leave my skin feeling soft and moisturised. Instead it made it a tiny bit more difficult to work in my foundation on the top. It's not a comfortable wearing moisturiser and it's definitely not one I'd describe at 'light.' Safe to say it is now floating around in one of my makeup/skincare draws and I'm back to using my trusty Origins moisturiser.

It's always a shame to have a disappointing experience with a product but maybe I'll go back to this one day and give it another go. If you want to check out prices and reviews (which are a very mixed bag!) you can do here.

Have you tried any of the Nivea moisturisers?

No comments