By Terry Ombre Blackstar Cream Eyeshadow



Twitter is the worst for making me spend money. Every day another brand announces a not-to-be-missed discount on a new product or a 30% off voucher that is too good to pass up. When a fellow blogger tweeted that Space NK had gifted all N.Dulge card owners with £5 credit, I immediately took to the website to decide what to buy. 

By Terry is brand I've been hearing about for a while but couldn't really justify splurging on any of the products. With £5 off, how could I say no? The Ombre Blackstar Cream eyeshadows caught my eye and they looked like my kind of product. Simple. No fuss. Nothing to add to the makeup application time and take away from my sleep time. I went for the colour Blond Opal because I found that cream/white shades suit me better.

With it being a bit shimmery, I tend to avoid wearing it on an average day. I might wear it when I'm going out for an evening or when I'm having an afternoon out with Callum. If I wear it on an evening I use a darker shade from my MUA Heaven and Earth palette in the crease of my eye and the outer corners just to give a bit of definition. When I first tried this out I had a bit of difficulty getting it on evenly. I'll put that down to it being the first cream eyeshadow I've used in a pen form. It became easier with a bit of practice and it goes on a lot smoother with an eyeshadow primer. The colour lasts all day too.

This is quickly becoming my favourite eyeshadow, alongside this little beauty from Topshop. I'm forever looking for an excuse to wear it! The great thing about the colour being neutral is that I can pair it with a lot of the shades I already have in my makeup collection.

It does have a hefty price tag and will set you back £29 if you buy from Space NK (or £24 if you still have the £5 treat to use!) I'm really glad I bought it and now I'm hoping to get at least one more shade from the range.

Have you tried any products from By Terry? What is your favourite eyeshadow?

No comments