My Top Highlighting & Illuminating Products




Not so long ago I wrote a post containing my favourite skin brightening products so I thought I'd follow up with some cosmetic partners that give a lovely glow. I have been higlighter obsessed lately, I really don't know what came over me but in the past few months I've accumulated quite a collection of highlighting products.

Let's start with my most recent purchase and most recent love - the Topshop Glow highighting pot. First of all I love this because it's a cream highlighter so it blends in really easily with foundation, perfect for those of you who like a dewy finish. I also love it because it's a neutral colour.

Let me explain further. The Makeup Revolution Baked Highlighter featured on my blog a few months ago. While I still love it and while it's still my most reached for highlighter (powders tend to be easier and quicker to apply - lazy!), it's a peach/pink toned product. Therefore I only really wear it alongside pink-toned blushers. I just think it ties a look together that way. The Topshop highlighter, however, can be paired with any blusher. A little dab along the tops of the cheekbones is just enough for a subtle highlight that looks lovely on it's own or paired with your favourite blusher. I like to wear it alongside my Hourglass blushers.

The B. Sweet Illuminating Serum is another product that featured on my blog this year. This is a good one for an all over glow (maybe for the new strobing fad that I've been reading about everywhere rather than just highlighting). If you wear it on it's own or under foundation, it gives a soft, healthy glow. I tend to still go in with the Makeup Rev highlighter on my cheekbones for a little added glow.

The Sleek Contouring and Blush Palette is probably my least reached for product. But I like it because it's really handy for travelling. I also already have the Rose Gold blusher that features in it so I use it less than my other highlighting products. All that being said though, it's ideal for a three step contour, highlight and blush in one go. Quick, simple and no fuss. The colour pay off of this highlighter isn't as good as the Makeup Rev product but it's a relatively neutral shade (well, more so than the Makeup Rev highlighter) so it has it's pros and cons.

I'm slightly sad that summer is ending and I'm having to fade out my highlighters in favour of a more autumnal makeup look. Well, we'll see. I might cave in every now and then. It's going to be a hard love affair to end!

What are your favourite highlighters?

No comments